Monday, March 31, 2008

It's Alive! Bwhahahaha.

The Saijo Persimmon, which I obtained at last January's Urban Harvest fruit tree sale, and planted a mere two days after (if I recall correctly--it's been so long!) has finally begun to sprout what may soon become....drumroll please...

leaves!


It's about time. Since I planted it, it has pretty much been looking like a big stick standing in a pile of dirt. Maybe soon it will look like a tree. All of the other plants I purchased there began sprouting leaves some time ago, so I was a little worried. However, my mother, who is also a plant lover and much more experienced with fruit trees than I, looked it over on a recent visit and told me not to give up yet. She was right. :)


Pictures will be forthcoming, as soon as new developments become big enough to show up on film, and I have the time to get said film developed. The trusty digital camera seems to be developing issues. I have, of course, suggested that it should talk to someone, but it never listens to me.

No comments: