Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Book Review: The Tropical Look

Full Title: The Tropical Look: An Encyclopedia of Dramatic Landscape Plants
Author: Robert L. Riffle.

I recently had the opportunity to browse through this one, thanks to my Grandfather who has a copy. It is a handy resource for anybody with an interest in Tropical plants, either by choice, or by necessity. It has two sections of good photographs, and plenty of plant information, including many that will grow on the Texas Gulf Coast. It was while thumbing through this book that I learned the identity of a certain tree I like.

Cons: Still not enough pictures!

2 comments:

chaindropz said...

I am not a good Gardner but I have a good system for growing Hibiscus.
I put a pot that does not drain in a larger pot that drains. I call these swamp pots.
The top few inches drains well and the inside side pot holds the water. These pots drain off the access water and do not raise mosquitoes. The hibiscus is also known as a swamp Mallow and are native to the south.
This pot works well with the perennial Hibiscus. You can get more information of my blog.

chaindropz said...

Would you replace access with excess for me thanks.