Monday, May 17, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again...

Hello, there Houston Garden Blogging World!

After almost a year of neglecting my garden, followed by a couple of months of getting a bit ahead of myself when visiting nurseries, I'm getting the gardening gloves back on and having at it in a slightly more organized fashion.

Note to self: don't buy plants unless you have someplace to put them within the next two days.  Good intentions don't count! Must build beds first, no matter how cool those plants are.

The persimmon tree damaged in hurricane Ike has been replaced.  I am now keeping an eye on my fig, which was rather badly blitzed during our recent December freeze/snow episode.   My potted herb garden is being revived with new plants, and we'll see how tomatoes do when they are transplanted very very very much later than they really are supposed to be.

No comments: