Thursday, July 3, 2008

Chick Food

Some days it seems like I put more work into maintaining and improving my garden than I do into actually enjoying it.

Not today.


Today, with the weather being so mild, I took the opportunity to just sit around out there with my crochet work, watching cardinals come and visit the bird feeder. (By the way, for those of you wanting to attract cardinals to your gardens---they LOVE safflower seeds!) I saw my first juvenile cardinal in person. Accompanied by both of its parents, it waited for them on a nearby brick wall, hidden by tree branches while they made trips back and forth to the feeder to bring seeds back for it. Sometimes they would set the seeds down and let the baby pick them up himself, other times they would simply feed him.

Now I need to work on attracting butterflies and hummingbirds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I try and remember to enjoy the garden, not just work in it.

Jan
Always Growing